Friday, November 03, 2006

Remembering Usoof

Today, 3 Nov 2006, is the third anniversary of our brother Usoof leaving us for his permanent home.

How time flies! How we miss Usoof -- his maintenance-free hairstyle, his inimitable laughter and outrageous sense of humour, and his kind words that always rise to the occasion. His memory will always warm our hearts. The thought that Usoof will never give up in any situation will keep us going when the going gets tough. His faith that God will not fail us will always lift up our hearts.

Meanwhile, we have to keep on living, moving on with our lives, as Jennifer, Eliza and Joseph are doing, so courageously, so faithfully. May we cheer them and one another on.

Usoof has never set foot inside our new church home, but he will always be there in our hearts. Bless you, buddy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Tak Meng

Yes, it is Usoof's 3rd year of having been chosen to reside in our Father's House. Was talking to Jen about it 2 nights ago.

Luv yr blog and hve sent it to Shir and Sher as well as Jega to read.

Nice read as your English is so impeccable.
God Bless You that your blog will be a blessing to numerous others, transcending all barriers.

shen

Anonymous said...

Hi Tak,

Nice profile!!! such honesty and modesty.

Yes, time does fly and the clock ticks on.

Am sure that our brother is happier there. Really miss him and his kindred and the servant spirit.

Oh, thanks for the sms.

Am sure your blog will be bring joy and blessings to those who visit it.

Blessings

Dino

Anonymous said...

Hi Tak

I remember him well - and so does my entire family, mom & the chua siblings who met him at Cathedral days and several SAC church camps. I remember his cool easy going style and his sense of humour...esp his great love for good food. He's in a better place while we're still here in the race. That's a wonderful assurance we all have.

My dad passed away suddenly at 49, not saved and it pains my heart to wonder where he is or where I'd fear he'd go. God saved the day - assuring me that when one is saved, all will be saved. Faithful as GOD is, my family of 4 siblings and mom, affectionately known as 'Auntie Sally', now has an extended family of 22 christians and another baby on the way.. all at different anglican parishes! He is true to his promises.

Usoof left a legacy intact - a family who loved GOD because Usoof showed it immensely - through his life, his character, his service. He made Christianity so worthy of a life worth living.

I never had a dad who was a christian and when I remember Usoof, I admire him. I remember the qualities of a great dad I'd wished I had.

I pray that christian man would rise up now - lead christian families like Usoof.

So that...nobody gets left behind.

REG